Workshop: Climate Change and Conservation Authorities in Northern Ontario
February 16 to 17, 2010 in Sudbury, Ontario
OCCIAR held Climate Change and Conservation Authorities in Northern Ontario Workshop in Sudbury on February 16 and 17, 2010. Attended by the five northern Conservation Authorities (Nickel District Conservation Authority, Sault Ste. Marie Region Conservation Authority, North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority, Mattagami Conservation Authority and Lakehead Region Conservation Authorities and Conservation Ontario) the workshop focused on adaptation and included presentations on Source Water Protection, Ecosystems, Tourism and Recreation, Industry, Human Health, Perspectives from other CAs and Urban Flooding.
- Dr. David Pearson, Co-Chair Ontario's Expert Panel on Climate Change Adaptation:
Climate Science and Current Knowledge of Climate Change Threats in Northern Ontario
- Paul Gray, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources:
- Christopher Lemieux, University of Waterloo:
Tourism and Recreation
- Blair Feltmate, University of Waterloo:
What will it Take to Get Businesses to Focus on Adaptation to CC?
- Al Douglas, Ontario Centre for Climate Impacts and Adaptation Resources:
Towards Climate Change Adaptation in Northern Ontario - Tools and Frameworks
- Don Haley, Toronto Region Conservation Authority:
Adaptation Perspectives from other Ontario Conservation Authorities
- Dan Sandink, Institute of Catastrophic Loss Reduction: